Jerome Vuarand wrote:
2010/3/7 Mike Pall:
This is the third beta release of LuaJIT 2.0.0.
[snip snip]
[snip]
SSE2 being already 10 years old, do you plan to raise even higher the
LuaJIT requirements in the near future ? If I were to replace that
"old" C3 motherboard, and given that mini-itx motherboards support a
narrow range of CPUs, what should I look for to make sure LuaJIT will
run at optimal performance on these admittedly slow x86 CPU that don't
require extensive cooling ? Current choices are mostly Via C7 and
Intel Atom platforms, are these among your targets ?

Via C7, Via Nano and Intel Atom all have SSE2 or better.

Any higher requirements is probably useful only if there is a need for auto-vectorization.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)