On 07/03/2010 15:25, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
he said about "Lua's philosophy, not unlike C's one"

That sentence was about "garbage in, garbage out".
When I mentioned crashes and security breaches, I was thinking of C, for example fprintf, scanf and similar functions.

i think that Lua, unlike C, should be safe. in terms of both: crashes
and security violations

I fully agree there. And I think Lua authors agree too, we have seen them actively fixing the rare crashes and security warnings that were reported. The lack of checking is on parameters that don't make crashes, like discussed here.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France