Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
afaik, Lua philosophy is to guarantee that no crash or security
violation can occur. such philosophy doesn't prohibit g.in->g.out, though

I think he was referring to c. Before this discussion thread though, I had never considered whether 0 should be allowed for string functions (nor had I considered fractions, infinities or NaNs). Each as nonsensical as the last. Seems silly to me to even recognise them with an error, and definitely not worth the speed penalty.

- Alex