Whats not very "Luaish" is the inconsistency. As I was unclear,
I have no problems with parameter 1, it is #2 thats the problem.

The inconsistency is what the value 0 does on parameter 2,
seemingly the same as -1. I would have expected -1 on parameter 2
to mean 1 less than zero, i.e. -1 from the end.

DB