----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Conner
Date: 3/2/2010 2:19 PM
It was thus said that the Great Joshua Jensen once stated:
(Already done... so I guess I should add that my numbers are WITH an
endianness check... that makes core Lua even faster.)

And for completeness, I've added LuaJIT2 numbers:

lua.exe load asciidata.lua - 1.99 seconds
lua.exe load asciidata-luasrcdiet.lua - 1.98 seconds
lua.exe load binarydata.lua - 0.07 seconds

luajit2.exe load asciidata.lua - 1.26 seconds
luajit2.exe load asciidata-luasrcdiet.lua - 1.26 seconds
   My guess is that your Lua file is mostly numeric data.  I know that the
80M Lua file I have is mostly strings, which may explain why the binary
version doesn't have the compression yours does.
Mine has a lot of large strings representing binary data.
   -spc (I also suspect you weren't hit with this bug)

[1]	http://www.lua.org/bugs.html#5.1.4-6
Not that I've seen.

Josh