On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:41:18 -0700
Joshua Jensen <jjensen@workspacewhiz.com> wrote:

> >> Is binary data important to me?  Based on the numbers above, you
> >> bet it is.
> >>
> > I would suggest you need a different file format for such
> > large-scale data :)
> >
> Why would you suggest that?  Lua loads all of that data from the
> binary Lua in 0.07 seconds.  Any other key/value pair setup will
> likely have even slower results.

I would have thought a well-designed format will load much quicker, if
anything because of the simpler data structure and less memory churn.
Only a really bad format would be slower.  It'd also have the advantage
that it'd be trivial to make the data portable between different
systems, if your application runs on different architectures.

B.