So this is what I say about "forget the configure scripts when cross-compile".

What I do is simply run configure script in x86 pc and make in x86 pc,
then I know the exact gcc line in the make's output. (something like
"make | grep gcc" may work)

Study the gcc line option to see what is important and just copy
something into my own project, then everything should work.