On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:35:45 -0800
Rory Toma<rory@ooma.com>  wrote:

I notice that every package that I cross compile, I have to, at a
minimum, rewrite the configure scripts and often the Makefiles. What
is the standard lua way of building for cross-compile?
/path/to/your/cross-compiler -Isrc etc/all.c -o lua

Is one approach.

B.
It's not that, it's that all the support scripts seem to be standardized in a way which

1) wants to call the local lua on the build machine to get installation info
2) Makefiles often have things like CFLAGS and CC hardcoded
3) There is usually no support for things like $(DESTDIR)

Each set of files looks similar enough that they probably are based on the same original set, yet each is different enough that they have to be tweaked by hand.