On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 February 2010 18:52, A.S. Bradbury <asb@asbradbury.org> wrote:
>> On 24 February 2010 12:58, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Further reading:
>>>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=562163
>>>  http://prosody.im/bugs/68
>>
>> I just thought I'd add that Steven Barth's Apache-licensed nixio has
>> IPv6 support.
>>
>> http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2009-07/msg00143.html
>>

> Good to know. Unfortunately LuaSocket is still the more widely used
> socket library (I know there are others too), and I don't particularly
> feel like rewriting the socket framework in my server (especially not
> now I just got it working with libevent).

You rewrote luasocket's socket.select() to use libevent?

Or do you just set luasocket's objects non-blocking, retrieve their
fds, and use a libevent-based call to do your waiting?

> In fact I've looked at nixio before, but can't recall what I didn't
> like about it, without digging into it again. On the other hand the
> all-in-one approach is sadly appealing to someone who has spent too
> long battling against different libraries and their various sore
> points.

I've been tempted by nixio. luasocket attempts to be "high-level" and
"portable", but its reinventing of the BSD socket API has made it
difficult for us to use.

Sam