Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce version 0.3 of nixio, a well-documented multipurpose Lua
library offering system, networking (IPv4, IPv6 and UNIX), I/O (Files, Pipes,
UDP-, TCP-, and TLS-sockets), byte manipulation, hashing and other useful
functionality.

nixio is FOSS under the Apache 2 license and has been successfully compiled
under Linux/glibc, Linux/uClibc, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris and Windows XP and later
(using MinGW, no full POSIX support). It's also the base library for my GSoC
project this year.

Source Tarball: http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/nixio-0.3.tar.bz2
Documentation: http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/doc/

Cheers,
Steven

Changes from version 0.2:
* Added getifaddrs() function.
* Added getsockopt(), setsockopt(), getsockname() and getpeername() directly
to TLS-socket objects unifying the socket interface.
* Added support for CyaSSL as cryptographical backend.
* Added support for x509 certificates in DER format.
* Added support for splice() in UnifiedIO.copyz().
* Added interface to inject chunks into UnifiedIO.linesource() buffer.
* Changed TLS behaviour to explicitely separate servers and clients.
* Fixed usage of signed datatype breaking Base64 decoding.
* Fixed namespace clashes for nixio.fs.
* Fixed splice() support for some exotic C libraries.
* Reconfigure axTLS cryptographical provider and mark it as obsolete.