Afternoon all,

LuaSocket doesn't support IPv6 - it needs to (Python has only
supported it for 6 years now I believe). It doesn't appear to be that
hard to do for someone with the know-how, time and motivation.
Unfortunately I have only succeeded in finding people with any 2 of
those 3 qualities so far :)

One sticking point seems to be deciding on the API. I believe an IPv6
socket must be declared so at creation (avoiding platform-specific
magic). LuaSocket though allows you to create a socket and then
bind/connect it later, and until then it won't know which kind of
socket to use. It could be added as an optional new flag to
socket.tcp(), but some suggest this isn't the "right" way.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Further reading:
  http://prosody.im/bugs/68

Matthew