[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: work divide up (was How to setup working LUA environment under Ubuntu?)
- From: steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@...>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:20:54 +0200
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Patrick
> I am really enjoying Lua itself but the rest of the Lua world does not seem
> to be working well for me on Ubuntu. There was some discussion about a
> batteries included package for Linux a while back.
Here was the initial alpha announcement:
> What work needs to be
> done? Is there a plan of action? If so I would like to "get in the game" and
> help out.
There were several opinions at the time:
(1) rather concentrate on the distro package management. My argument
was that there was more to Linux than Debian, which was probably not a
(2) L4L should only have packages which are genuinely cross-platform,
so that it can be a proper brother to Lua for Windows. At the time I
was fond of LuaGTK (now LuaGnome) but I'm open to other options here
(obvious candidates are IUP and wxLua)
I managed to get a build going on OS X as well, although of course
without SciTE and luagtk being available.
Have a go at running/compiling L4L and see.