While you're speaking for everyone, Mr. Donnelly, would you care to
explain why bit.or(), bit.and(), bit.xor(), etc... is unacceptable
beyond the impression that no one else wants to see unneeded [""] ?
Also wish they had the usual operators tied to them.. like `something
& something_else' and that you could overload them through a .__band.
In that instance I would see the need for the prefixed b, but Stuart
is right.  Inside the bit table it's a bit strange. (harr harr, pun)

Regards