The Nutria Project is part of my Thesis: http://gitorious.org/nutria, does it applies to GSoC?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick@batbytes.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Google has announced the next Google Summer of Code [1]. There have
been attempts in the past to form an official Lua project. While I
think it would be great for that to happen, it probably won't be a
reality this year (unless some super secret group has something
cooking). I thought it would be useful to have any potential students
reading the list to be able to find a list of projects that are using
Lua to choose from. So here are two projects that are very likely to
be accepted that use Lua:

o Nmap's Script Engine (NSE): http://nmap.org/soc/
 (Keep in this page hasn't been updated from last year.)
 There are two principal needs for the project:
   o Students to write NSE scripts [2]. There is a great need here;
it's possible more than one student may be accepted.
   o A student to work on the Scripting Engine Infrastructure.

o GNU Screen Scripting Support:
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2009.html
 I honestly don't know the status on this project but it was
available last year and a student was accepted. I haven't been able to
find any evidence it was completed. It's possible it may be dropped :(

I would encourage anyone else who knows of a potential project
thinking about Lua or may even have a need that can be solved using
Lua to post in this thread.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f
[2] http://nmap.org/book/nse.html#nse-intro

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"Let all men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely
ford that see the shallows."

- Benjamin Franklin

--
Fernando P. García, http://www.develcuy.com
Developer - Analista de Sistemas

** Antes de imprimir este mensaje piensa en tu compromiso con el medio ambiente, protegerlo depende de tí.