On Dec 20, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Richard Hundt wrote:

> Since this is OT, I'll just include a link to my response to the above here:
>
> http://bluehive.blogspot.com/2009/12/response-to-orms-being-veitnam-of.html

"I'll start with the underlying assumption that an RDBMS must, by definition, have a "relational data model". This is not the case."

Hmmm... right... in that case... if your database is simply a glorified key-value pair dump, then, yes, it doesn't really matter how you access your RDBMS as you are most likely not using any of its functionalities. But then again, why bother with a RDBMS to start with then?

> ORM's still have a place in my toolbox and I'm building one for Lua right now ;)

More power to you :)