Petite Abeille wrote:
On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:24 PM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

Ah. But how did you know it was a SQL database?

Because of 'DBTable' perhaps. But otherwise, just a wild guess :)

Maybe I just have an in memory database that also supports where and select. Using this sort of construct (essentially inspired by LINQ), we gain flexibility on data sources.

Ah, yes, that mythical straw man argument... :)

"The Vietnam of Computer Science"
http://blogs.tedneward.com/2006/06/26/The+Vietnam+Of+Computer+Science.aspx

Since this is OT, I'll just include a link to my response to the above here:

http://bluehive.blogspot.com/2009/12/response-to-orms-being-veitnam-of.html

ORM's still have a place in my toolbox and I'm building one for Lua right now ;)

Cheers,
Richard Hundt