On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
> did a decent job on it and they are seing results now. There is more
> than one implementation but the all share an API. So for specialized
> applications it's okay to implement a subset as long as it stays
> comaptible and uses the same syntax.

That is very much in the spirit of standard libraries; the
implementation is secondary to the API.

Now I know democracy is probably not suited for API design, but I'm
imagining a kind of voting system. People put up proposed functions,
and other people vote on them.  One of those things that computers are
apparently quite good at facilitating.

One principle is to keep it small and pay particular attention to
people's 'pain points' when using Lua.