On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:02 AM, steve donovan wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM, steve donovan
> <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another way of putting this: what are the functions you find yourself
>> needing to rewrite for yourself?
>
> Just to get the ball rolling, here are my two dozen:
>
> http://lua-users.org/wiki/CoreFunctionsProposal

split should probably return an iterator and we should have a collect function. But then one needs to worry about whether the iterator for split just returns a series of strings or whether it returns an index and a string so that collect is compatible with ipairs. Of course, then many of the functions that take arrays could be changed to take sequences.

But overall, I like the notion of trying to hone in on a standard library for Lua. Before diving too deep, however, it's probably worth establishing both process and goals.

Mark