On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Michal Kolodziejczyk wrote:
OS "by definition" interfaces with hardware (access to storage, display,
input devices), so it would be hard to implement (unless you are
designig "virtual OS").

Not necessarily. I've done a Lua system for an embedded environment
built around a VMEbus. For it, I implemented a vme table with entries
that allowed access to hardware; vme.a16d32 is an array that does 32-bit
accesses in A16 space, vme.a16d16 is an array that does 16-bit accesses
in A16 space, etc.

Of course, I'm not trying to field interrupts in Lua...
--
roger ivie
rivie@ridgenet.net