[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua OS!
- From: Jorge <xxopxe@...>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:41:50 -0200
Now that there is a lot of traffic on the list on grave issues, and the
year is finishing, i'll post this as the chances of going unnoticed are
What would an OS patterned after Lua look like? I'm thinking on the same
relationship UNIX and C have. Thus,
- It must be mostly written in Lua.
- It must run everywhere Lua runs.
- The main concepts should be Lua's (for example, instead of "everything
is a file handle" we would have "everything is a table").
- Of course, it will run Lua programs.
- The spirit must be the same: compact, elegant, portable, embeddable,