On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:38 AM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
steve donovan wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
[snip snip]
But overall, I like the notion of trying to hone in on a standard library for Lua. Before diving too deep, however, it's probably worth establishing both process and goals.

One of the goals would be to provide a well-written and documented
core of functions which fulfill the common needs of Lua programmers.

The current process is asking people their opinion on this list ;)

Making a library is a small-group job, but that group has to have
buy-in, and some means to solicit contributions and feedback

Yeah, this needs some organization and some ruthless leadership.

Sorry if this has already been brought up (I haven't been following the list very closely), but the SRFI process for Scheme seems to have had some positive results addressing the same problem.  http://srfi.schemers.org/

-gregg