On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> No pleasing everyone on this. If we want to create a de facto core set of
> libraries, the team should steamroll over everyone who says no. :-)

But very nicely ;)  That old definition of diplomacy as the art of
telling someone to go to hell in a way that makes them look forward to
the trip...

Modest initial goals, with plenty of input, frequent betas.  These are
mostly straightforward functions so they should be made as
bullet-proof as possible.  Some people like working in table space,
some like sequence space, so provide convenient mappings between the
spaces.

Since this isn't going in the core there's no technical need to keep
the function count down. But the smallest set of functions initially
that seems to cover most common needs.

And then we need a convener (or some such). I'd vote for Mark H since
he has lots of experience working with big Lua and is a thoughtful
person.  I would not vote for myself because of working on Penlight,
but I'm happy to be a worker.

steve d.