John Labenski <jlabenski@gmail.com> writes:
> I did not make the wxLua autopackage and have to admit that I really
> have no idea what an autopackage is and http://www.autopackage.org/ is
> of little help since the FAQ is "under construction." Is it a dead
> project?

The last time I tried to install it an autopackage'd package, I quickly
came to the conclusion that "autopackage is a huge mess", at least on a
system which is under the control of another package system -- it did
not play friendly, stomped on things it shouldn't stomp on, was hard to
control, and was generally kind of flaky.

Maybe they had laudable goals, but the actual implementation left a lot
to be desired...

-Miles

--
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.