Hi Mike

> Hans Hagen wrote:
Mike Pall wrote:

Ah, sorry ... i mixed up two threads ... i was discussing speed with someone in relation to luatex and 64 bit ...

actually it's the number of registers that matters for tex (i did several tests on our fast servers and it really matters)

you mean luajit? luatex has no lj2 built in (because it is stil quite beta and because it is not available on all architectures)

we do have it on the agenda to look into luajit in the future and the fact that a 64 version seems to be coming is great

(The only thing we need to look into is in speed up related to user data which we have a lot. Also, i need to pick up on the conseqences for one-time function calls vs large functions but i will come back to that once we're starting experiments).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE