On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 22:28, Mike Pall <mikelu-0912@mike.de> wrote:
> LuaJIT currently only runs on the x86 architecture. Even though
> most x64-based operating systems can run x86 code in 32 bit mode,
> it's highly desirable to have a native 64 bit port of LuaJIT 2.0.
> This allows embedding of LuaJIT in 64 bit applications and the JIT
> compiler can make use of 64 bit-specific features like the
> additional registers.

To be able to embed LJ2 into a 64-bit application would really help us.

Also, can you elaborate a bit more on what effect we should expect if
LJ2 would use 64-bit-specific features? Would it run noticeably
faster, for example? (Sorry, that was, probably, already discussed; a
link would do.)

> Since there has been considerable interest for an x64 port, I've
> initiated a corporate sponsorship program for LuaJIT. You can read
> more about the current status and how to contribute here:

>  http://luajit.org/sponsors.html

Excellent news!

Alexander.