On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Since I'm trying to live in LuaRocks ecosystem for my current
> project, I'd like to have a rock that enables the Unix Domain Socket
> support in LuaSocket. (Or is there an easy way to add it on top by
> hands?)

Since we can't just add a target to the make invocation to compile
socket.unix (a target for that in the top-level Makefile would have
come handy), one approach would be to make a separate rockspec for the
extra module, such as the one that follows attached. I think I'd
rather have it added unconditionally to Unix builds of the LuaSocket
rock, though. I can think of two ways to do that, but I'm not sure
which is better: to patch the Makefile to make it build unix.so or to
change the rockspec to the builtin build type.

-- Hisham