On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:34:09 -0500 (EST)
Diego Nehab <diego@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> By official you mean, me supporting them if some bug is
> reported? If this is the case, you can consider them
> "supported". As for enabling them by default in the
> makefiles, I don't think this is a good idea because it
> doesn't make sense on Windows.

Surely the Makefile already knows if it's running on Windows, and can
enable it when running on Windows?  Certainly some documentation for
software packagers about what to do would be helpful; most Linux
distributions ship LuaSocket without UDS spport!

> Unix people know to look for it and make it work. :) As for
> documenting them, I may add something to he webpage but I doubt the
> occasional message to the list will stop (we get about one per year).

Documentation is always worth it.  It would have saved me an hour or
so, as I read the source rather than just asking here straight away.

I imagine others are similar.

B.