Hi,

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:24:57 -0500 (EST) Diego Nehab
<diego@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

There is an undocumented module luasocket/src/unix.c that
implements Unix Domain Sockets for LuaSocket. Let me know
(contact me directly) if you need help compiling it and
getting it to work for you.

Incidentally, can we look forward to these being official?
They're dreadfully useful.

By official you mean, me supporting them if some bug is
reported? If this is the case, you can consider them
"supported". As for enabling them by default in the
makefiles, I don't think this is a good idea because it
doesn't make sense on Windows. Unix people know to look for
it and make it work. :) As for documenting them, I may add something to he webpage but I doubt the occasional message to the list will stop (we get about one per year).

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Diego