On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Any standard way to workaround this issue on 64-bit Linux? I need to
>>> keep both Lua and LuaJIT working.
>
>> You could use 32 bit Lua, too, even on 64 bit.
>
> Yes, this would suit me.
>
>>> I think that LuaRocks compiles Lua modules into 64-bits.
>
>> I bet this can be changed with something as simple as adding -m32
>> to the compiler and linker lines.
>
> If I'm to go that way, I need LuaRocks to do this automatically for
> any module without me remembering this. I hope it has an option to do
> this somewhere. Time to dig into the docs. :-)

You can tweak your CC variable in your configuration file
(~/.luarocks/config.lua)

variables = {
   CC = "gcc -m32" -- or whatever set of flags you need.
}

You can peek at luarocks/cfg.lua and see what are the defaults. Now
that I look at it, Mac OSX actually sets CC = "export
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3; gcc"

-- Hisham