2009/11/2 Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net>:
> After more than two years of development, I am happy to announce the
> release of Idle version 1.0.
>
> See http://idle.thomaslauer.com for details about Idle and
> http://idle.thomaslauer.com/IdleDownload.html for downloads.
>
> Idle is a compact, powerful scripting language based on Lua 5.1. It is
> available for Windows 2000 and later systems (a Linux/BSD/... release is
> neither available nor planned). Idle is released under the MIT licence.
>
> Anyone interested in the upcoming source code release please drop me a
> quick note as I a looking for a few volunteers to torture with a
> preliminary release of the sources.

Hi Thomas,

I've given a look to your page. It seems to me that Idle is not 'based
on Lua' but actually *is* Lua just with some customizations :-)
Actually the extensions you've introduced are pretty interesting and
I've thought myself to some of them in past but I didn't implement
nothing. For the the construct 'break n' that you've introduced: I
don't like it a lot and I rather prefer the approach of Perl with
labelled 'for' loop. I think it is much more elegant and readable. But
I recognize that this construct is actually useful and I was
disappointed with Python to discover that it doesn't have labelled
break.

I was also interested in the gui module and I was wondering if it is
based on an existing toolkit or if you built it from scratch.

Otherwise, I'm using Windows at work with mingw and I would be glad to
try your code.

Best regards,
Francesco