Hi Patrick,

Tutorials are a great way to promote Lua.

I believe Ruby on Rail filled a need so adding something you find
useful to a lua library or lua  is certainly a good way to promote
lua.

LuaForge is currently being redesigned
http://groups.google.com/group/luaforge-development that should help
promote lua.