On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Geoff Leyland
<geoff_leyland@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 28/10/2009, at 5:48 AM, Hisham wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce LuaRocks 2.0.1, a bugfix release:
>>
>> http://www.luarocks.org/releases/luarocks-2.0.1.tar.gz
>
> Hi Hisham,
>
> With lua installed by macports in /opt/local, luarocks installs itself in
> /usr/local and the packages it installs don't work immediately (you have to
> add /usr/local... to your LUAPATH).  It's not a big deal, but it might be
> worth luarocks offering to install in /opt/local in these cases, or have it
> mention that you're going to have to fiddle?

The current behavior is pretty standard fare for "configure"-based
installs, so I'd prefer to keep it as it is (too much autodetection
and the install scripts soon become too hard to maintain), but adding
a check in the end to at least inform the user that their chosen
install location is not in LUA_PATH sounds like a good idea.

> By the way, I've made a number of minor changes to luacov (to handle
> os.exit, wraps coroutine.create and coroutine.wrap).  Are you interested in
> seeing them?

Sure, send them in. I'm not using/maintaining LuaCov much these days,
so it's nice to see it alive. :)

-- Hisham