2009/10/9 Stuart P.Bentley <stuart@testtrack4.com>:
> (Another point of the architecture's design: it should have an API that
> makes this easy, as well as an easy data dumping facility (to satisfy Eric
> S. Raymond). I recommend something that dumps as a Lua table (formatted
> similarly to a Rockspec).

A data API is definitely a must, but you also want to have more than
just Lua table output. JSON would be good also, because there might be
people writing code in other languages to interface with LuaForge. Lua
tables are a good idea, though - it's much better than having to work
with JSON when using Lua code. No external libraries, no confusion
about whether to dump arrays or maps, and no having to use a function
to represent null.

-- Leaf
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand
binary and those who don't."