On 08/10/2009, at 2:23 PM, Fabio Mascarenhas wrote:

I just want to mention that moving Kepler to github was not a
renunciation of LuaForge, I think having a central index of Lua
libraries is very important, and I am not the only one that thinks
this can be done with a much simpler platform than Gforge. More
importantly, I think it can be done with a Lua-based platform,
probably something based on Sputnik.

For contrast-and-compare purposes, you may be interested to look
at how the Lisperati do it. The de facto packaging system for
Common Lisp is ASDF. I vaguely recall it finding download URLs
by looking at wiki pages, or something like that.

In any case it would be possible to embed "current download"
information in a wiki page with meta tags, or using plain
HTML with an agreed CSS 'microformat'.

Cheers,

JC.