On 05/10/2009 21:04, Petite Abeille wrote:
debut
    pour uneClé, uneValue dans paires( uneTable ) faire
        imprimer( uneClé, uneValue )
    fin
fin

Aah, even if it is in my native language, I find it odd!
Too used to English keywords...
Note: at the time 8-bit computers were flourishing, there were French dialects of Basic, eg. for Thomson's TO-7. There is also Microsoft translating VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in some selected languages (French, German, perhaps Spanish...). Hey, I even wrote a rather large VBA program using French identifiers, with accents and al., and of course French comments. I think I wouldn't do that again now... :-D Unless asked, of course, eg. in case of planned maintenance by clueless people (although quite rare in my IT world)... ;-)

Now, on the other hand, I am vaguely thinking by teach programming to my daughter, if she wants, of course. She is 11 and just started to learn English this year, so she doesn't have the base vocabulary. Hence a lower learning curve if the language is in French. But, on the other hand, there is only a handful of keywords to know (and some library words, although not necessarily in real English, see gsub!) and she learns quickly. So English is probably less an obstacle than the programming concepts themselves.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France