----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony Fairchild
Date: 9/25/2009 9:34 PM
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Joshua Jensen <jjensen@workspacewhiz.com> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony Fairchild
Date: 9/25/2009 8:01 PM
My main goal is to implement a Lua VM where C is unavailable.  Right now my main areas of focus are browsers and XNA (for xbox community games).
Why can't you compile Lua as C code using the /clr switch?  It works for me...

I'm not sure that will work for Silverlight or XNA because /clr still accesses unmanaged c libraries underneath.  Have you been able to get it to work on Silverlight or XNA?
A year ago, I remember getting LuaPlus running under XNA on Xbox 360.  I initially tried /clr:pure, but I realized that didn't work due to the unmanaged libraries.  I tried /clr:safe, found it had problems with unmanaged functions, so I copied the C runtime code and shoved it right into the /clr:safe capable code.

For the life of me, I can't find my work on that.  I can only find the /clr:pure version.  I'll keep looking.

Josh