Hello Mike,

> This works out just fine for desktop-class CPUs, but of course one
> needs to rethink narrowing for FP-challenged CPUs. In this case a
> dual representation of stored number values with normalization
> steps after FP operations is probably better. But this has
> far-reaching consequences for the whole VM. So far I've been able
> to avoid it.

it's probably obvious, but are you considered distinguishing 2 number
types and dispatching code for them separately? JIT does it for Lua
standard types, i.e. you may generate two invocations of some
functions depending on number/string type of its parameter. how about
separating also the int/double cases?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin@gmail.com