On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:36:43 +0200
Mike Pall <mikelu-0908@mike.de> wrote:

> > Just for the record: a port of LuaJIT to ARM would be very welcome, and
> > I'd be perfectly happy with a 32 bit numerical datatype on this
> > architecture.
>
> Umm, so one probably needs at least two different VMs for ARM (FP
> vs. int-only). Then combine this with the options for ARM vs.
> Thumb vs. Thumb2 code and with ARMv4-ARMv7 support and soon we'll
> have an exponential number of targets to support ... *sigh*

Please make a sensible decision, the sky isn't falling over if I'm not
getting LuaJIT/ARM for free.

My deployment needs are in the no-FPU, no-2nd-level-cache, ~200MHz
range. That's where throughput for user interfaces is scarce and
desperately needed. But Lua is up to the task. I have designed my
libraries to work with integer (using fixpoint arithmetics in places),
so that I can use them in these contexts, and ARM-7 is an architecture
I am frequently concerned with.

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Gryphiusstr. 2, 10245 Berlin,