>> Using the following code, I never see "Goodbye" printed.
>>
>> C:\Users\Mike>lua
>> Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
>> > require"luacom"
>> > e=luacom.GetObject("Excel.Application")
>> > _X = newproxy(true)
>> > getmetatable(_X).__gc = function()
>> ^C

> Try ^Z instead of ^C...

I see "Goodbye" when I push ^Z^C but if I swap the order of when "e" and "_X" are assigned, I will not get the printout.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.