require"luacom"
excel = luacom.GetObject("Excel.Application")

From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Ignacio Burgueño [ignaciob@inconcertcc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:55 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: luacom: why no Release()?

King, Mike wrote:
> Why is it that COM objects are not gc'ed (Released) when Lua exits?

Well, they are. Under which circumstances it is failing to release your
objects??

For instance, this test script instances a COM object of mine, which
shows a message box when it is finally released, and it works fine:

require"luacom"

a = luacom.CreateObject("foo.bar")

when the script ends, I got my message box as intended.

Regards,
Ignacio Burgueño
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.