On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Phoenix Sol <phoenix@burninglabs.com> wrote:
I'm accustomed to using 'continue' in Python. I haven't written much Lua yet, but I approach it with the expectation of adapting to it's idioms. If it's problematic, and the wizards say it isn't necessary, then I think I'm happy to adapt to life without it.

I really dig Lua's sparse lexis.

Phoenix Sol

Second the "when in Rome" approach. I use "continue" often in my C/C++/C# code, but can't say that I've missed it yet in Lua.

I dig Lua's sparse lexis too (nice phrase) but I don't think "continue" would complicate the language much; most programmers already know it. So that isn't my main worry -- I think the focus should be keeping Lua implementations lithe. If "continue" spells any trouble for implementors, maybe it's best to go without it.

Evan