On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:21 AM, RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been reading this post and hopping for a small example. Can someone
> explain if I have a C[++] thread that fires an event to Lua how it can
> "hook-up" in a thread safe way to the event?

I remember having to deal with this self-same issue with SciTE
extensions. The issue is often that the actual event happens in
another thread, but must be raised in the main GUI thread. In that
case, I had a worker thread that read output from a process, which
then posted a message to a little hidden window, which could then
raise the event safely; there is an equivalent GTK mechanism.

I can post the SciTE extension code if anyone is interested.

steve d.