At Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:20:38 +0000,
steventidwell@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi. This is my first post to the mailing list and I have a few
> questions. I have used some Lua before in WoW modding and am now
> working on a game in c++. What I would like to know is if anyone has
> any good explanations of how to set up event triggers using Lua. For
> example setting timers and checking for events sent to a c++ app from
> a Lua object. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

if you are on Windows, and you have the time, have a look at this:

http://rb.omkamra.hu/moonshine-20090602.tar.gz

I put this together when I was learning Lua.

May give you ideas on how to implement the following stuff:

- binding C libraries to Lua (OpenGL + libjpeg + Windows MIDI output device)
- event system (binding Win32 keyboard/mouse events to Lua handlers)
- coroutine scheduler

As of timers, you may be interested in understanding how calls like
Timer.wait(1000, Timer.MS) don't block the scheduler from running other
Lua threads while the blocking call returns.

Dependencies:

- MinGW
- Lua 5.1
- GLEW
- libjpeg
- freetype2

(FT2 is not really needed, just uncomment the Font module in the
Makefile, it's currently not used by anything)

Happy hacking,
rb