Thanks for the link.  I just started working with it.  A few comments:

- the system variable is not defined at all on startup and gives
errors.  I think this should be given reasonable defaults.  Here's
what I used:

system = {
	plotPath = "/usr/bin/",
	tempPath = "./TestData/",
	plotImagePath = "./plots/",
}

I found the comments about these path in plot.lua misleading,
especially since tempPath seems to double as a data path.

- I had to add a "set terminal png" to the gnuplot script output to
get it to work.  Otherwise, I had a png of 0 bytes.  Here's the
modified output:

reset
set terminal png
set output "./plots/vibration.png"

plot \
"./TestData/dog" using 1:2:3:4 title "catsdogs1" with vectors, \
"./TestData/dog" using 5:6:3:4 title "catsdogs2" with vectors
unset multiplot

This is with:
        Version 4.2 patchlevel 3
	last modified Mar 2008