On 04/05/2009 07:15, Dave Smead wrote:
My immediate interest is using Lua to access graphics primitives such as
draw-line, draw-circle, draw-arc, etc.  I see there are bindings to SDL,
opengl, wx, tk and others.  [...]  so
primitive is fine for what I need.

Can anyone offer opinions of which graphics library would be best
suited?

I think I would have used LuaCairo[1], as Asko said, it works well.
I also used Lua-GD[2] in the past.
You also have CD (Canvas Draw)[3] which can be see as an "official" graphics library for Lua.
Or even game libraries like LÖVE[4].
And some others, of course.
Indeed, the difficulty is to make a choice! :-)

[1] http://www.dogusan.net/dogusanh
[2] http://lua-gd.luaforge.net/
[3] http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/cd
[4] http://love2d.org/