Attached is C code for two programs mlisten.c & mcast.c

Thanks. That's practically identical to my test program set.

I was able to run 3 instances of mlisten.c, that joined the same multicast IP listening on the same UDP port number, all on the same linux host. Then I started mcast.c on the same linux host which sent a message every second to that multicast IP & port.

I get the same error (10013 : Permission denied.) at bind() in the second app .
I'll try a few different compilers tomorrow.

Adrian