I know this is slightly specialized, but it is LuaSocket related :
Does anyone out there have experience with UDP multicast, particularly on Windows ?

We have been testing LuaSocket with multicast, and have come across some interesting behavior, and inconsistencies across platforms. In particular, Windows XP seems to allow multiple sockets bound to a single port (using SO_REUSEADDR) within a single app (console or windows), but not between applications. This behavior is not specific to LuaSocket; I can reproduce it in straight c.

Anyone else encountered this ?

Adrian