Adrian Sietsma wrote:
> I know this is slightly specialized, but it is LuaSocket related :
> Does anyone out there have experience with UDP multicast, particularly
> on Windows ?
>
> We have been testing LuaSocket with multicast, and have come across some
> interesting behavior, and inconsistencies across platforms.
> In particular, Windows XP seems to allow multiple sockets bound to a
> single port (using SO_REUSEADDR) within a single app (console or
> windows), but not between applications. This behavior is not specific to
> LuaSocket; I can reproduce it in straight c.
>
> Anyone else encountered this ?

A bug was reported some time ago which if still present might explain
strangeness. Very easy to fix.

Correction should be in the next release.

I posted in group about this dated 03/10/2008 17:19

Err... checks copy of original email for date order, October.

Put this with quotes into a web search
"Re: Problem in Lua for Windows with UDP multicast receive"