2009/4/14, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com>:
> Miles Bader wrote:
> > KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> writes:
> > > The correct way would be to do what the lcc people do:
> > > http://drh.svnrepository.com/svn/lcc/tags/v4_2/CPYRIGHT
> >
> > p.s., Why is the lcc approach more "correct"?  The package in question
> > _has_ a COPYING file (with a less obnoxious license than lcc).

It is not. Inventing a new license is almost always wrong.

>  It is in context of how the "commercialization intent" is handled. Let us
> disregard for a moment that I agree open licenses is the most beneficial to
> all in the case of such libraries.

This is not what the tarball says. The distribution is the tarball -
I think we can (legally) disregard any statemnts elsewhere. The
tarball has a COPYING (BSD), but the source files have no license
statement, just a (c). This is broken: AFAIK all files should state
the license.

Best
   Martin