Joao Eduardo Hornburg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working with Java EE for a long time and now I'm starting to work
> with Lua professionally. I'm trying to set up a development environment.
>
> I've tried LuaEclipse and LuaEdit. LuaEclipse lacks some features, that IMHO
> are essential for serious professional development. For example: code
> completion doesn't work for tables that I have created. LuaEdit has more
> features but only runs on windows (I'm using Linux) and it is unstable on
> wine.
>
> Is there any other option? Which tools are you using?

I use JEdit myself. It's cross-platform and has a lot of handy features,
including a plugin for grouping a set of files into a project and
remembering which ones you're editing; code folding based on
indentation; and configurable syntax hilighting. It's not an IDE, but
you can make it behave fairly IDE-like.
	Ben Kelly